Performs warehouse work related to receipt, shipment, storage, distribution, or delivery of products, parts, and materials. Loads, unloads, moves, or stores items according to delivery or routing documents, or supervisor instructions. Operates a hand truck, forklift, or other heavy equipment. Usually an intermediate or fully qualified level requiring one year of relevant experience.
• Provides warehouse work coverage after normal working hours on rotating basis (24-hour on-call rotation)
• Keeps warehouse organized, including parts and supplies
• Load and unload inventory and non-inventory
• Forklift operation is required
• Adhere to COPPS, Procedures and Work Instructions as listed on the Company Intranet
• Interface with in-house departments as well as Field Service Engineers, freight and trucking companies
• Select, pack and distribute spare parts/finished Goods to various destinations using Shipping Vendors from the Approved Vendor List
• Restocking shelves
• Perform cycle counts
• Receive and inspect demo equipment
• Receive and deliver non-inventory materials
• Stock materials in appropriate bin locations and maintain accuracy
• Resolve receipt discrepancies with Buyer/Planner/Logistics Supervisor
• Keep accurate records of all transactions exiting Dornier MedTech
• Prepares UPS and Federal Express online reports, department detail reports, commercial invoices, and international manifests
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• High school graduate or GED
• One to two years experience shipping and receiving goods
• Customer service experience
• Experience in computer data entry
• Experience with third party shipping (domestic and international) services preferred
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
• Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
• Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
• The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
• The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.